Friday, November 20, 2015

Color

"Is this the girl you are going to marry?"
"Yes dad. Isn't she pretty?"


"She is dark. I can't even see her face clearly."
"It's a dark photograph dad. Trust me, her face
is visible enough."


.
"Where is she from?"
"Panjim. Goa."


"Definitely not Sikh. Hindu?"
"Atheist, but yes, her parents are Hindu."


"Hmmm... Can't she use fairness creams? You
are milky white. You both together will look like a
black and white film."
"We will look good together, like a chess-board.
Don't worry dad."



"Will you feel comfortable taking her as your
bride back to our hometown? Beautiful Sardarnis
back home in Jalandhar, and here you are stuck
with this black girl."
"Chill dad. You want some ice-cream?"


"I shouldn't. Diabetes. But I guess one scoop
won't do much harm."
"Vanilla or chocolate? Okay sorry for my
stupidity. Vanilla of course?"



"What? No, I want chocolate."
"But vanilla is what you must have dad. It's
white."



"What difference does the color make?"
"Exactly dad."




No comments:

Post a Comment